Tips for Travelling with Hand Luggage Only
Carrying too much baggage is a serious hassle. Luggage has to be checked in and again at the airport and takes up precious space on the carousel. And that’s before you consider taking it on and off the plane. However, if you’re just travelling short distances by plane, don’t worry. You can still whittle down your baggage by taking only one bag and using your hand luggage for all your other personal items.
Whether you’re packing for a small business meeting or a long weekend away, you’re likely going to need your laptop, phone, clothes, and other items, but what happens when you’re flying with hand luggage only? Here’s how to keep yourself and your belongings safe and secure on the luggage carousel.
Pros and Cons of Travelling with Hand Luggage Only
- The number of items you can fit in your carry-on is only limited by the size of the container.
- You reduce the risk of your belongings being lost or damaged in transit
- You minimize the amount of time spent in lines for check-in and security
- You save time and money by avoiding extra checked-bag fees
- You reduce the risk of losing or breaking your valuables
- You can control your luggage in case it gets lost
- You can pack a lot of items in a small carry-on bag
- Travelling with hand luggage only isn’t always as simple and hassle-free as you might think it is
- Travelling with hand luggage only can be uncomfortable
- You have to carry a lot of heavy items
6 Tips for Travelling with Hand Luggage Only
Travelling by train is a great alternative to flying, especially if you have a large or heavy bag. If you have a large bag, you’ll need to check it at the station and at the airport. Your luggage may need to be sent to the destination before you arrive. If you have a heavy bag, you’ll need to buy a special ticket in advance. When you travel by train, you will need to buy a small, lightweight bag to carry your clothes, toiletries, and other hand luggage essentials. If your hand luggage is light, you can travel with just this bag and check it at stations along the way.
Travelling light is the key to a great trip. Here are some helpful hints for travelling with only hand luggage :
- Make sure you have all the necessities. Make sure you have a list of all your essentials
- Fold things in a way that they take up the least amount of space. It is always useful to roll your clothes instead of folding them
- Put the heavy stuff at the bottom and the light stuff on top
- It is always useful to separate socks, underwear, and t-shirts
- Always take a wash bag with you
- Taking an empty bottle with you can be useful
Reasons for Travelling with Hand Luggage Only
There are several reasons for travelling with hand luggage only. Some people fly backpacking, and they want to maximize the amount of space they can carry on their backs. Others do not want to be bothered by the airlines’ extra baggage fees. Still, others want to minimize the risk of losing their valuable hand luggage.
- Travelling with hand luggage only is more convenient
- You can also use the luggage as a seat
- Just take a taxi to the airport
- Better chance to get on the plane
- You get to spend less time at the airport, and more time at the destination
Other Things You need to consider in Travelling with a Hand Luggage Only
- Buy a good cabin case
- Have the right amount of clothing
- Make sure you have the right amount of money
- Bring only essential things
- Bring a book
- Keep your mobile charged
In summary, I hope you can now use this information to take a hand luggage only trip! Remember, it is possible to pack everything you need for a trip into one carry-on bag. You just need to be conscious of how you pack and how much you’re carrying. I know I’ve made hand luggage only travel work for me. It’s the best way to avoid lost luggage and save you money.